Jessica S. Bargsley was hired in February 2008 as Deputy Town Clerk, and in July 2009, Jessica was
appointed as Town Clerk. In October of 2012, Jessica received her Municipal Clerk Certification from the
International Institute of Municipal Government. In addition to this certification, Jessica was also awarded
certification by the State of North Carolina on August 16, 2013. On September 9, 2013, Jessica was appointed as
the Town's Finance Officer. She now holds a dual position of Town Clerk and Finance Officer. Jessica is also a
certified notary public for the State of North Carolina. Jessica also has an Associate Degree in Medical Office
Administration from Western Piedmont Community College.
- Record and edit the minutes of meetings
- Plan and direct the maintenance, filing, safekeeping, and computerization of all municipal documents
- Issue public notification of all official activities and meetings.
- Maintain and update documents such as municipal codes and city charters.
- Prepare meeting agendas and packets of related information.
- Prepare ordinances, resolutions, and proclamations so that they can be executed and recorded
- Respond to public records requests.
- Represent municipalities at community events, and serve as liaisons on community committees.
- Serve as a notary of the public.
- Develop and conduct orientation programs for candidates for political office.
- Event coordinator for town-sponsored events
- Maintain town website and Facebook page
- Create and distribute the e-newsletter