We hope everyone is following state and regional guidelines in regards to social distancing and avoiding too much public interaction. The administration had to modify hours at Town Hall in relation to orders from the Governor. However; we’re still keeping our eye on things and wanted to give you all a quick update.
Here are just a few projects coming down the pipeline for this summer/fall:
1. PHASE XII of the Town-wide Street Improvement Program scheduled to begin in mid/late summer:
Adams Street (portion)
2. 5-Acre Greenway Park Development Construction to begin in late summer/early fall
- Park Design and site preparation
2. The purchase of new playground equipment for the existing Town Park late summer
3. 6 – Movie Nights in the Park scheduled from June to August
4. Pigmaster’s BBQ Event scheduled for September 11th & 12th
5. Increased efforts in removing dilapidated structures (commercial/residential) around Town
The Rutherford College Town Government is still here to support its citizens and will continue to be here providing the public with service when this pandemic ends.
Kenneth B. Geathers Jr., ICMA-CM